Invitation to apply for KZN Youth in Film and Television Incubation Programme: 2017/8
The KwaZulu-Natal Youth in Film and Television Incubation Programme is an initiative of the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development Tourism and Environmental Affairs in partnership with KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission and Ingomso Film Skills and Youth Development. This initiative was set to reinforce KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission’s main objective:
– To make KwaZulu-Natal province a film production centre
The KwaZulu-Natal Youth in Film and Television Incubation Programme office, herewith, invites youth owned KwaZulu-Natal film and television SMMEs to apply for the 2017/8 incubation plug-in.
– The SMMEs must be registered with CIPC and be compliant with SARS.
– The SMMEs must be based in KwaZulu-Natal.
– The SMMEs must specialize in scarce skills in the film and television industry.
– Preference, but not a guarantee for admission to enroll for the programme, will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, youth, women, and people with disabilities.
– Complete an application form.
– A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) as to why and what makes your skills scarce in the film and television industry.
– Detailed CV of yourself, the SMME and CIPC registration documents.
Successful applicants will be contracted for the incubator programme commencing in April 2017, ending on 31 March 2018.
Applications should be emailed to: SkillsDev@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
Closing date: 7 March 2017
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates.
For more information, call (031) 325 0200.