Training opportunities are being offered by Ethekwini Municipality to individuals with a keen interest in a career as an artisan in carpentry, bricklaying and plumbing trades.
Unemployed youth (18-35) who are interested in these trades can apply. This is for a period of no longer than three years. This will consist of accredited theoretical and practical training in carpentry and plumbing trades.
- Must have completed and passed N2 Carpentry, N2 Bricklaying or N2 Plumbing certificate with trade theory subject or
- Must have a minimum of Level 3 TVET certificate with related trade theory consisting of 7 total subjects passed
- Must have successfully completed Technical/Grade 11 and 12 with Maths and Physical Science/Engineering science and carpentry or plumbing trade theory subject
- Be a eThekwini Resident (proof of residence required)
- South African citizen with ID document
- Not older than 35 years of age
Applicants need to undergo an assessment to qualify.
The programme will require applicants to complete an apprenticeship programme and will involve practical training on-site as well as attendance at a training institution. At the end the apprentice will have to undergo a formal trade test to qualify as an Artisan in the relevant trade.
Applicants are required to complete the eThekwini Municipal application form indicating name of position applied for as Artisan Development (specify trade applying for).
Applications including all supporting documents are to be delivered to:
Human Resources Centre of Excellence, 21 Archie Gumede Street, Durban, 4001
Deadline: 9 Feb 2018 at 12pm
Enquiries: Mr Zimele Cele 031-311-3192